We are LoRaWAN Certified Engineers, Really interested to extend the coverage over the Globe!
We support to extend LoRaWAN Network and deploy useful use cases worldwide.
Page helping to Understand what is Helium Network, how LoRaWAN Use Cases can be used and how HNT mining is working.
We sharing experience, recommendations and information regarding Hardware, Hotspots Sensors and Antennas.
Please check our Disclaimer At the bottom of the page.
Start a Wireless Revolution Powered by the Helium Blockchain, The People’s Network represents a paradigm shift for decentralized wireless infrastructure.
Mine Crypto with Radio
The People's Network is powered by an entirely new incentive model made possible by the Helium Blockchain. Hotspots comunicate with other Hotspots and pariticipating in Mining process also data transfer.
A New Kind of Crypto Miner
Mining HNT is done by installing a simple device on your office window home or House . That’s it. Seriously.
Hotspots provide miles of wireless network coverage for millions of devices around you using Helium LongFi, and you are rewarded in HNT for doing this. And because of an innovative proof-of-work model (we call it “Proof-of-Coverage”), your Hotspot only uses 5W of energy.
One Hotspot and his mining rewards:
As you see there is already many Hotspots deployed in specific area.
Average price of 1 HNT is 7$ right now.
How do I earn HNT?
Participants earn HNT by mining and building coverage for The People’s Network using compatible Hotspots.
A World of Hotspots
Below are the Hotspot models that have so far been approved by the community and tested by Helium.Following hotspots are recomended to make future Antena Upgrades.
You can buy Your Hotspot on official Pages:
We use one of the best Hotspot from Company Nebra(Sold out) And RAK.
They have Indoor and Outdoor ones, with PoE support and antenna Upgrade posibilities,
This is only our opinion on the HW part, so you can go with different vendors also.
How are Tokens Earned?
Hotspots earn HNT for building and securing network infrastructure and transferring device data.
The amount of HNT distributed to Hotspots depends on the type of “work” they perform based on the value to the network. This validation of network contribution is accomplished by a new work algorithm called Proof-of-Coverage (PoC).
To participate in PoC, Hotspots receive instructions (or 'challenges') to transmit payloads to any nearby Hotspots to witness and verify. These single-hop challenges are also known as 'beacons'. Hotspots without neighbors earn less as they can only issue Challenges, and are unable to have their beacons verified. After the first year, distribution amounts adjust.
Hotspots are chosen by the network to issue challenges, encrypted messages over the Internet, to a target group of Hotspots. Challenges are used by Proof-of-Coverage to validate wireless coverage. Hotspots can issue challenges from any location, not just to local Hotspots.
Hotspots earn a share of HNT for participating in Proof-of-Coverage and validating their peer’s wireless coverage. The amount each Hotspot earns depends on how often it is directly involved in Proof-of-Coverage activity.
Hotspots that monitor and report Proof-of-Coverage activity (beacons) of other Hotspots receive a portion of HNT depending on how much activity they’ve witnessed, and the reward scaling of the Challengee.
4.NETWORK DATA TRANSFER: 32.5%
HNT is distributed to Hotspots that transferred data from devices on the network. The amount of HNT is allocated proportionally based on the amount of data a Hotspot transferred.
5.CONSENSUS GROUP: 6%
Hotspots are randomly elected to the Consensus Group to perform tasks including validating transactions and publishing new blocks to the blockchain. Group members receive a portion of the 6% distributed to the Consensus Group.
Frequently asked Questions / Clarification and useful Links
- Where can I buy Hotspots ?
As we mentioned several companies providing 2 types of Miners Indoor and Outdoor, they have there own support and accepting to make order in Crypto/PayPal/Visa. Generally they ship Hotspots Worldwide.
Nebra Outdoor: Link !Sold Out
You can find antennas, cables And all needed accessories in oficial page:
- Average Minings in HNT ?
- 3-5 Witnesses >250HNT per month
- 5-15 Witnesses >650HNT per month
- 15< Witnesses >1100HNT per month
- What is the HNT (Helium Coin) Price ?
As all Crypto coins, HNT price is dynamic, please check it on CoinGecko widget to see actual price of 1 HNT Coin.
- How the easy is to set up Helium Miner?
- Where you can start mining ?
Helium Network is avaiable WorldWide and you can check all online Hotspots on Map, so you can get idea if there is more Hotspots on your area.
Helium Official Explore Map: Link
- Frequency I have to use in my location ?
Generally all main countries and regions have their own frequencies and Nebra provides it for EU / USA
- How can I upgrade Hotspot Antenna if needed ?
Depending your location and high, you may need to add more powerfull antenna on your GW.
Some time its better to use lower dbi antena, but all depends your enviorement and geographical position.
- Glass Fiber LoRa Antenna (3dBm) (Included in Nebra Outdoor GW)
- Glass Fiber LoRa Antenna Peak Gain (5.8dbi)
- Glass Fiber LoRa Antenna High Gain (8dbi)
Magnetic Base with Cable for Indoor Hotspots: Link
Please Note: There is Country base regulations on dbi, so before making any installation check Local requirements and restrictions.
- Best Location to install Hotspots?
Main rule is to have Hotspot installed in elevated place with good high, also good visibility is +.
If in your area you see Hotspots 300m-27Km you can easily reach them if you have Line of Sight.
- Is Signal Quality important ?
- You have to have some good parameters to get VALID witnesses or witness somone, there is oficial info were you can see signal VALID RSSI and SNR.
If your comunication quality is Poor, this will be discarted and will not selected as VALID
- How to install Outdoor Miner ?
- As Nebra Outdoor miner supports PoE (Power Over Ethernet) best way to install it is to use only one Ethernet cable.
- Always recommended to have ground cable installation.
- You can Use LMR400 Type Cable if you do not want to connect Antena directlly to the GW.
- How to convert Indoor Hotspot to Outdoor ?
- Find IP67-Enclosure witch fits your needs.
- Use the Board Base to fix GW and Power splitter Supply correctly.
- Try to organize all cables to have better air circulation.
- Use External Antena Connector and fix it on Enclosure.
- How to increase mining rewards?
- Make sure Your Hotspot Have good Internet connectivity.
- Make sure Your Hotspot is always Online.
- Make sure you are using best antenna for your enviorement.
- Which Cable/Connectors I have to use to connect Antenna to Hotspot.
For Indoor: RAK/Nebra have SMA Interfaece. So, You must use cable with RP-SMA Male to N Type Female connectors.
For Outdoor: Nebra have N type connector interface, You can connect Glass Fiber Antenna directlly or use cable with N Type F-M connectors. .
- Can I Split the cable and use more than 1 Antenna ?
- 1) You can use splitter device for coaxial cable:
- 2) You can use more basic setup, using directlly some bad quality cable with 1-IN 2-OUT connectors:
- How can I use PoE for Nebra Outdoor ?
- If there is no one in my area, how much I will earn?
This is not the best you can do becouse you will earn 0,25 HNTs daily, but think about to get more than 3 Hotspots and extend it in your area.
also take in mind many people looking to install their Hotspots, so maybe you are not only one in your area.
- What happens if my GW stollen ?
GW have strong encryption, so its unique and cannot used for Other Wallets, only with your.
So, Hotspots cannot Reset, no one can use your Hotspot.
- How to Transfer mined HNTs from Wallet to USD/EUR ?
- How many GB used per month by Active Hotspot?
- Should I use Ground cable if i have any Exterior part ?
- What use cases we can use in Helium Network ?
Hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are already building on The People’s Network, the world’s largest, and fastest growing LoRaWAN network.
Thousands of existing solutions, sensors, devices and gateways can be easily configured to run LongFi - a powerful blend of LoRaWAN and blockchain technologies.
You can check Semtech official page, there is a lot of LoRaWan Use cases detailed.
We found Some Videos on Youtube where you can see Helium Console Dashboard from Cliente/developer side and also you will see how easy is to transfer data over Helium Network.
Join our Facebook Group and ask any question you still have: Link
No Investment Advice
The information provided on this website does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the website's content as such. We does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Do conduct your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.
Accuracy of Information
We will strive to ensure accuracy of information listed on this website although it will not hold any responsibility for any missing or wrong information. We provide all information as is. You understand that you are using any and all information available here at your own risk.
The appearance of third party advertisements and hyperlinks on we do not constitute an endorsement, guarantee, warranty, or recommendation by us. Do conduct your own due diligence before deciding to use any third party services.